Heritage Operations Group Blog
Reopening Guidance Updates
May 7, 2021
In accordance with the Illinois Department of Public Health's (IDPH) reopening guidance, we must report to you the recent changes to the Updated Guidance for Nursing Homes and Other Long-Term Care Facilities Incorporating COVID-19 Vaccination. The full written Guidance can be found here.
- Reminder: we must adhere to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention: hand hygiene, face covering, social distancing, and recognition of signs/symptoms indicative of COVID-19 infection regardless of the visitor's vaccination status.
- Residents who are not fully vaccinated must quarantine for 14 days upon admission or readmission to the facility in transmission-based precautions. (p.10)
- Quarantine is no longer recommended for residents who are being admitted to a post-acute care facility if they are fully vaccinated or within 90 days of confirmed COVID-19 infection and have not had prolonged close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days. (p.10)
- During visitation: If the resident is fully vaccinated, they can choose to have close contact (including touch) with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting cloth face mask or face covering and performing hand hygiene before and after.
- The number of visitors and the movement of visitors will be limited to the facility's designated visitation policy.
- Communal dining will resume with core principles of infection prevention in place.
- Beauty/barber services will resume with core principles of infection prevention in place.