Heritage Operations Group Blog
Visitation Fact Sheet
March 24, 2021
Heritage Operations Group understands that visiting with family and friends is important to quality of life. We encourage these visits if they are carried out in a safe and healthy manner. This fact sheet has been created to provide you and your loved one with guidance so everyone may enjoy their time together.
Please be aware that visits are by appointment only. The facility may need to set a time window for visitations in order to accommodate other family visits with residents and to manage all visitations from a safety standpoint.
As noted in the updated guidance from March 19th, 2021, the Illinois Department of Public Health says that the facility may also limit the number of visitors and their movement for each visit. Visits will be supervised with an adequate degree of privacy.
You may call your loved one's location to schedule your visit today. Contact information can be found at this link.
All visitors are required to do the following:
- Be pre-screened by phone less than 24 hours in advance. Please call the facility and ask for a nurse
- Be screened upon arrival, including a temperature check
- Wear a face covering appropriately throughout the entire visit
- Practice proper hand hygiene
- Remain in the designated visiting spaces as determined by the facility
- Maintain at least a six-foot separation between themselves and the resident
Note: If the resident is fully vaccinated, they can choose to have close contact (including touch) with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting cloth face mask or face covering and performing hand-hygiene before and after.
- All visitors must immediately report to the Administrator or Director of Nursing if they develop symptoms of COVID-19 within 3 days after visiting.
- All visitors are expected to comply with the facility's visitation policy during the visit. If a visitor refuses to follow the facility's policy during the visit, then the facility staff may end the visit.
- Residents in isolation or quarantine cannot receive visitors.
- Outdoor visits are strongly preferred to indoor visits, weather permitting.
Virtual visitation is available to all residents via Zoom, FaceTime, Skype, or other videoconferencing platforms. Please call the facility to schedule this so one of our staff can coordinate the virtual call.